Employability and Employment of Persons with Disabilities - Workshop in Asia Pacific
ILO Technical Round Table Promoting
the Employability and Employment of Persons with Disabilities
Through Effective Legislation 2009-2012
Date: June 5, 2009
Venue: ILO Meeting room, UNESCAP,
1. The International Labor Organization (ILO) organized a Technical Round Table on Disability to frame the context of the ILO sub regional project on promoting the Employability and Employment of people with disabilities through effective legislation or PEPDEL in short which is implemented in China, Thailand and Vietnam.
2. Participants were from GOs, Business enterprises, DPOs.
3. PEPDEL aims to increasing the capacity of national government to collaborate with employers, workers and DPOs in planning the implementation of effective legislation, policy and programs addressing the employability and employment of persons with disabilities.
4. The proposed of the Technical Round Table aims at indentifying priority areas that could be supported by the project through a consultative approach.
5. The Outcome were the series of key areas as
5.1 Support system to implement PEPDEL and ILO convention 159 in order to promote decent work.
5.2 Research strategies.
5.3 Reasonable accommodation
5.4 Job matching.
5.5 Self employment ( entrepreneur)